Understanding of the local geology is the starting point for the understanding of groundwater occurrence because it’s the presence of permeable and impermeable layers in the subsurface that control how and where groundwater will flow. Knowledge of meteorology and hydrology is necessary to investigate groundwater, rainfall and surface water relationship.
Chemical knowledge is used to investigate groundwater quality. Drilling boreholes and pumping water out of aquifers require appropriate skills.
Afzelia provides cost effective and sustainable work to water companies and environmental regulators, and is responsible for making sure that we have enough groundwater, and that its quality is protected.
Afzelia provides the following services:
- Desktop studies of site geology and hydrogeology
- Groundwater exploration, groundwater supply and monitoring
- Borehole drilling supervision, quality control and borehole logs
- Aquifer testing and pump installation
- Mine and construction site dewatering
- Mine groundwater management
- Groundwater specialist investigations for EIA, EMP and WULA